Soudaseal 240 FC is a high quality single component joint sealant with high adhesive strength. It is based on MS-Polymer®, chemically neutral and fully elastic.
- Outstanding bond strength on nearly all surfaces, even on slightly wet surfaces
- Flexible elastic rubber – movement accommodation up to ±20%
- Straightforward application even in adverse conditions
- No bubble formation within sealant (in high temperature and humidity applications)
- Very easy to tool and finish
- Good extrudability even at low temperatures
- Good colour stability, weather and UV resistance
- Ecological advantages – free of isocyanates, solvents, halogens and acids
- Minimal health and safety considerations
- Can be painted with all water based paints and many other systems (to be tested)
- No staining of porous materials such as natural stone, granite,
- Sealing and bonding in the building industry.
- Sealing of floor joints and low movement wall joints.
- Elastic bonding in vibrating constructions.
- Connection joints in sheet metal fabrication, sealing of air conditioning systems.
- Suitable for sanitary applications.
- Bonding of security and safety glass.
- Supple bonding in car bodies, caravans, containers…
Directions for use
Method: Manual- or pneumatic caulking gun
Application temperature: +5°C until +35°C
Cleaning: White Spirit or Surface Cleaner immediately after application and before curing
Tooling: soapy solution before skin formation
Repair with: Soudaseal 240 FC
- Soudaseal 240 FC may be overpainted with waterbased paints, however due to the large number of paints and varnishes available we strongly suggest a compatibility test before application. The drying time of alkyd resin based paints may increase.
- Soudaseal 240 FC can be applied to a wide variety of substrates. Due to the fact that specific substrates such as plastics, like polycarbonate, etc, may differ from manufacturer to manufacturer, we recommend preliminary compatibility test.
- This product cannot be used as a glazing sealant