Butyrub is a permanent plastic one-component sealant based on polybutene.
- Very easy to apply
- Forms an elastic and tight skin
- Can be painted over after 24 hours
- Very good adhesion on many building surfaces
- UV and weather resistant
- Good resistance against chemicals
- Joints with limited movement up to 5%.
- Sealant for joints in masonry, door- and window frames, windowsills.
- Mounting of single layer glass in wooden, concrete and steel frames (e.g. greenhouses).
- Sealant for joints in car-bodies and containers.
Directions for use
Method: Apply the sealant by means of a handheld or pneumatic caulking gun. Smoothen the sealant with a filling-knife.
Application temperature: +5°C to +30°C
Clean: Uncured Butyrub may be removed from materials and tools with white spirit. Cured sealant must be removed mechanically.
Finishing: with soapy water.
Repair: with Butyrub.
- Do not use in applications where continuous water immersion is possible.
- Can be painted over with most types of paint.
- The paint should be sufficiently elastic to be applied on plastic sealant.
- Due to the wide range of paints always perform a preliminary compatibility test.
- Not suitable for joints of double layer and safety glass.
- Not suitable for joints of natural stone. In that case use Silirub MA.