TreadSafe™ is a tube fastening system designed for compressible insulation. When used in conjunction with a specially designed RhinoBond® plate, TreadSafe provides an insulation and membrane attachment system for securing TPO and PVC roofing membranes.
Features & Benefits
• The tube of the TreadSafe system accommodates the normal deflection of compressible roof insulation, minimizing the potential for the fastener to penetrate the roofing membrane.
• TreadSafe is compatible with FM and CE approved mineral wool and polyisocyanurate insulation.
• Patent-pending TreadSafe tubes lock onto compatible plates and securely hold fasteners in place.
• TreadSafe is Factory Mutual approved. See specific manufacturers for FM approvals.
• RhinoBond Plates used in conjunction with TreadSafe meet FM 4470 criteria for corrosion resistance, and feature a wide welding surface to promote a strong bond.
For best results, the minimum insulation thickness should be 2" (51 mm) to accommodate deflection. The OMG fasteners should always be tested on site by a MAK or OMG representative to determine performance and proper installation procedure. Contact MAK to schedule testing.
When calculating required length of fastener a saving of 21mm from the fastener length is achieved by using TreadSafe.